The 111 Contact Code supports vulnerable residential consumers who may not be able to dial 111 during a power cut if their phone line relies on an independent power source.

Your internet connection including Fibre (such as UFB) and fixed wireless (such as RBI) may not work during a power failure. If your landline phone service relies on internet connectivity, this may prevent you reaching 111 using your landline. If you use a cordless phone or medical alarm without an inbuilt battery, these also may be impacted during a power outage.

If you are at particular risk of needing to call emergency services for health, security or disability reasons, then you may be considered to be a vulnerable consumer under the code.

Under the 111 Contact Code, we are required to provide vulnerable customers an appropriate means of contacting the 111 emergency service which must operate for a minimum of 8 hours during a power outage and be provided by us at no cost to you. We cannot deny or cease supply of home phone service on the basis that we know or suspect the customer is or may become a vulnerable customer. The means we provide may be, for example, an Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) to provide power to necessary communications equipment during a power outage, or a mobile phone which you can use to dial 111.

If you or someone you know is a customer of Vorco and may be a vulnerable consumer, please download, fill out, and return the application form linked below to

For more information about the 111 Contact Code, please see the Telecommunications Forum - 111 Contact Code website.

If you have any queries about the 111 Contact Code or the application form or process, feel free to Contact Us.

If you have any complaints in relation to a matter arising under the 111 Contact Code, there are a number of avenues that can be taken for resolution:

  • The customer can raise a complaint with Vorco by emailing, or by emailing their account manager.

  • A customer may also make a complaint directly to the Commerce Commission regarding Vorco's compliance with the Code. Information about the Commerce Commission and their complaints process can be found on their website:

Where a dispute under the Code concerns a vulnerable consumer who is not the customer (e.g. a person who resides at the address of a Vorco customer who is not the account holder), the Vorco customer at that address may refer the issue to the Commerce Commission on behalf of the vulnerable consumer.

Did this answer your question?